Hello everyone! I figured now is as good as any other time to tell you a little bit more about me! I’ve been trying to determine how it would be best to “introduce” myself as the owner and blogger and I think this is a good place to start outside of the reviews and hauls. Continue reading below to find out 25 Bookish Facts About Me…:)
1) The genre I typically gravitate toward is Historical Fiction and Mystery.
2) I very rarely lend my books out to anyone. Lets just say…I’m not very trusting that they will get returned and returned in good condition. Typically only family and friends that I’ve known for a long time borrow them.
3)I prefer to read and buy large floppy paperbacks. They are the easiest to read and I highly prefer them on my shelf.
4) I read whenever I can…aka I don’t have a “typical” time to read right now. I used to read in the evenings after I finished cooking dinner and then again in bed, but these days I just read whenever I can get a chunk of time to.
5) I always have a cup of tea and a small light snack when I read. I am not worried about dirtying my book and it really helps me set my “reading” mood.
6) I can go either way with background noise while I read. I can read in total silence or with music/tv on in the background. I will say that there is typically some background noise while I read though.
7) I definitely judge a book by its cover and I have no shame in that. Show me one person who doesn’t…This doesn’t mean that I won’t by the book if it has been recommended to me, but it is a big decision factor for me.
8) I have a very hard time DNF’ing books. It very rarely happens and I typically try to read the book on more time at another date.
9) I hate mass market paperbacks. I feel like I shouldn’t include this one because really who does like mass market paperbacks. I very rarely buy them and if I do it is only because I am trying the book out or for another individual reason.
10) I severely dislike cover changes, but it isn’t always the end of the world. Let me clarify, I hate cover changes in the middle of a series where they do not update all of the covers. I like my series books to match. For standalone books, cover changes don’t necessarily phase me unless they are a lot worse than the original.
11) I’m not a fan of E-books. Which drives my husband absolutely insane. I just cannot get into them. I prefer holding a physical book in my hand.
12) I have bought multiple copies of books before…intentionally. Outlander and Harry Potter anyone?
13) I only get hardback covers of certain books. I know…I know Hard back covers looks so pretty. Let me tell you, I like them, but I only buy certain books in hard covers. Beyond that I stick with paperback.
14) My least favorite genre is romance. Not a fan. I have yet to find a romance book that is not the same story spun a different way. Sorry not sorry.
15) I prefer series books to standalone and almost always finish series. I don’t like when stories end (I mean who does?!) and I love watching the characters and story grow and change.
16) The three books that really started my true unconditional love of reading are: Harry Potter, Heidi, and the Laura Ingalls Wilder series of books. I have always been a reader, but these three really cemented my reading love.
17) I like simple covers. I don’t need a crazy in depth cover even though they may be beautiful. My ideal cover is the Outlander cover ( I know I”m obsessed, no shame). The pretty blue with the title, author and a design is perfect. I’m not going to get to into my book cover rant, I’ll save that for another post 😉
18) This one is harsh- just a warning. When I sit down to read there is a 5 minute grace period where I have yet to truly fall into the story and book where I am ok with being interrupted, after that…don’t try. This obviously very rarely happens right now, but typically after about 4-5 minutes I have really “fallen into” the story and the world and I don’t like to be interrupted. It will take a lot more to get my attention at that point too.
19) I loved the Scholastic Book Fairs that they did in schools. Do those exist anymore? Can we have a grown up version? Please???
20) I like to either read in our home Library or on the couch in our living room. I used to read in bed, but our son sleeps in our room in the bassinet for just a little while longer so that’s out of the question until he goes to his crib in his own room ( not too much longer!!)
21) I typically get books from Barnes & Noble, Amazon or small local bookstores.
22) Going off of the above fact, I love to find local “hole in the wall” bookstores and supporting them. Because this is what I want to do and what the Cosy Book Shoppe is all about, so why wouldn’t I support others in the same line?! Plus they are just so fantastic and I love the vibe.
23) (If you haven’t figured this out yet…) I am obsessed with Harry Potter, Outlander and Pride and Prejudice. Because those all totally go together 😉 Obsessed may not even be the right word for how I feel…
24) I do not dog ear my books, but I am not against writing in the occasional book. If I’m loving something or something really resonates with me in the book on a deep and personal level I’ll underline or make a note of it. Typically these are books that are well loved as it is and I may have another copy of the book. If not, I still will write in the book.
25) And Finally…I frequently will take books with me (either traveling or just day to day) but do not get to actual read them a lot of the times. This is a serious problem, especially if it is a long trip. The longer the trip the more books that I take and I definitely don’t get to all of them.
That wraps up my 25 Bookish Facts about me! I hope that you enjoyed learning a little more about my book quirks and about me! Have you done the 25 Bookish Facts About Me? What are some bookish facts about you?