Welcome to the very first Cosy Kitchen post! I am starting with something very simple, but very delicious. Chocolate is always a big hit and goes well with anything that you will have. This is also a recipe that you can change around to suit what you like. For example, I have seen it done with Mint Oreos, or White Chocolate. You can even dip the Bon Bons into sprinkles, nuts, or whatever you would like after the chocolate! There are so many options it is great! Sadly, this particular recipe is not going to offer the ingredients pre done in a jar because there aren’t enough and one of the main ingredients is a cold item that I would not be able to send out. This is also a very popular recipe, I did not come up with this in my own home.
One Pack of Oreo’s – In this recipe I used the regular Double Stuff, but you can choose whichever you would like
One Pack of Cream Cheese
One bag of Chocolate Chips – In this recipe I used semi sweet, but again, you can choose whichever you would like
Any other toppings you would like (optional)
- The first step is the smash the Oreo’s all together. You do not want to have any chunks of Oreo left over, but rather everything “mushed” together.
- Once your Oreo’s no longer resemble Oreo’s, you will want to place them in a bowl with the cream cheese. Mix together with either a hand mixer or kitchen aid until smooth.
- Once mixed, grab a small amount of the mixture, roll into a ball and place onto a baking sheet with wax paper. The amount in each ball is dependent on how big or small you want the balls to be.
- Once all of the mixture has been balled up, place the baking sheet into the fridge until hard. I normally leave the tray in the fridge for about the length of an afternoon (4-5) hours. This is not necessary, you just want the bon bons to be hard enough to stick a toothpick in and dip them into chocolate. If you are in a time crunch, you can also place the tray into the freezer for a shorter period of time.
- While the bon bons are hardening in the fridge (or freezer), you will need to melt the chocolate. I personally, prefer to melt the chocolate on the stove top,but the microwave is also an option.
- Once the bon bons are hard and the chocolate is melted, place a toothpick into the ball and dip into the melted chocolate. Allow for at least half or more of the bon bon to be covered in the melted chocolate. Place back on the tray. Continue until all have been dipped into the chocolate.
- If you would like to dip the bon bons into any further toppings, do that now.
- Place the Bon Bons back in the fridge or freezer to cool and harden back up.
- Once hardened, store. I typically store them in a tupperware container in the fridge with wax paper in between each layer.
These are a favorite and staple in our home. My husband gets very excited when I purchase the ingredients at the store and anyone who has tried them has loved them! Have you had Oreo Bon Bons before? Let me know what you think!