Good evening everyone! I’m going to be doing a tag test tonight for you. I wasn’t “tagged” necessarily, but I saw Kendra at Reads and Treats do this one and I liked it, so figured I would participate! You can view her posting HERE. Alright, let’s go!
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. Cover changes in a series. I am totally crazy about having my series books match (so crazy that as much as I want to read After You, the sequel to Me Before You, I am waiting for it to come out in paperback so that it will match the copy of Me Before You that I have). When they change the style or layout of a series it drives me up a wall.
2. What I call simple dialogue…e.g”I brushed my teeth”. Well I hope you did brush your teeth, but I feel like that was a waste of a line, UNLESS, it fits into the storyline somehow. Most of the time it doesn’t and it gets on my nerves. I know some people like when authors have the character doing mundane tasks, but I just get irritated especially if its continuous in a story.
3. InstaLove. I just can’t do it. It’s unbelievable, unrelatable and not my thing. In any way.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
This should be totally obvious to anyone who knows me or reads this blog. A large oversized and overstuffed chair with a blanket and my book. I will always have a cup of tea and would prefer some rain outside while reading (not a requirement though).
Tell us Three Book Confessions
1. I constantly buy books. So much so that I have a huge to be read list. I also will buy multiples of certain books. No shame 🙂
2. I have not read any Percy Jackson or Rick Riordan books and I have no plans to.
3. I have a very special place in my heart for classics even though I don’t read there nearly as much as I should.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Me Before You a few weeks ago. I bawled, not gonna lie.
How many books are on your bedside table?
Right now, none. Typically there is one as I usually have one book in each of my “normal” reading spots.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
Goldfish or Popcorn, because I’m a little kid at heart apparently. And tea. Of course.
Name Three Books You Would Recommend to anyone?
Outlander, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, and Me Before You. If I could add one more that isn’t so popular it would probably be The Ladies Paradise by Emile Zola or Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
Show us a Picture of your favorite Bookshelf on your bookcase.
Because it has both HP and Outlander 🙂
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
I’m going to do three separate words for this because I need to. I can’t write one three word sentence about how much books mean to me. Escape. Happiness. Inspiration.
What is your biggest reading secret?
I don’t know that I really have one…!
I tag whoever wants to do this. It was a lot of fun! I’ll have a review coming your way on Thursday and some more exciting things in the next few weeks!