Hey everyone! I am going to be switching things up a little bit and doing a Tag today! This is by no means a new tag at all, but I am finally getting around to it. So without further ado, I bring you the Unpopular Opinion Tag!
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like: The Throne of Glass series of books (hides in a corner). I read Throne of Glass because I heard so many good things and it intrigued me. I had a hard time finishing it and won’t be continuing on. Sorry!
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. I don’t really have one for this. I haven’t really seen many books that I loved that people have disliked. I mostly see that a lot of people haven’t read some of my favorites- I am working on changing that 😉
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like. I’m not a huge shipper and it takes a lot for me to not like a pairing…so I don’t really have an answer on this question.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. Young Adult Contemporary or Romance (any romance). Actually most Contemporary books are not really my thing. I’m getting better.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like. Tris. Seriously I could go on and on, but I’ll spare you the rant 🙂
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into. Marie Lu. I think I read a couple of pages of one of her books and put it right back on the shelf. OR John Green. Haven’t read anything by him. I don’t really have any interest either.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. Gosh there are a lot. I would have to say the Damsel in Distress act. Girl constantly needs saving or is too feminine for people to think she can handle herself. I mean c’mob, I’m over it.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading. Outside of the earlier one that I mentioned, I have no interest in reading the Percy Jackson series or any of the books that go along with that. Not my thing.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book? I am actually really not sure. I think I prefer Shadowhunters the TV Show to The Mortal Instruments books.
So that’s what I’ve got for this tag! I tag anyone who wants to do this tag to do it! Did any of my answers surprise you? Tell me what you think and what some of your answers would be!